This week Baking Club made chocolate truffles. This is the first in a series of recipes that can be used as edible gifts this Christmas! After making the truffles and rolling them in a variety of toppings, they placed them in tissue paper lined boxes.
If you would like to try making these truffles at home, follow the simple recipe below:
20 digestive biscuits
200g condensed milk
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
Assorted toppings for decoration – sprinkles, cocoa powder, icing sugar, crushed Oreos, etc.
1. Crush the digestive biscuits using a rolling pin.
2. Put the butter and the condensed milk into a pan and melt the butter over a low heat. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Add the biscuits and cocoa to the butter and condensed milk and stir together. Make sure it is well mixed.
4. Form the mixture into truffles about the size of a golf ball.
5. Top tip - dip your hands in a little water between truffles to avoid sticking.
6. Roll the truffles in the chosen decoration/topping.