300g pack cooked rice noodles from the chiller cabinet
400g/14oz mixed vegetables, thinly sliced and put in separate bowls (mixed peppers, beansprouts, carrots, spring onions)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Small piece ginger, finely chopped
Splash light soy sauce
Chinese five-spice powder, for sprinkling
8-10 sheets filo pastry
1 egg, beaten
Vegetable spring rolls
Cook: 20-25 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
1. Place the noodles and bean sprouts into a bowl.
2. Thinly slice peppers and spring onions then add to bowl
3. Grate carrots and add to bowl
4. Add a small amount of grated ginger, crushed garlic cloves, dash of soy sauce and sprinkling of Chinese five-spice to the bowl and mix.
5. Lay out sheet of fill pastry. Spoon filling from the bowl down one side of each sheet. Neatly fold both sides over the filling, then roll up.
6. Lift the spring rolls onto a baking tray, seam side down. Brush with a little beaten egg.
7. Bake the rolls for 20-25 mins or until golden.
8. Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!