175g unsalted butter
175g golden caster sugar
250g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons whole milk
2 tablespoons thick cut marmalade
100g glace cherries
For the Glaze:
2 tablespoons marmalade
Cook: 30-35 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
1. Grease and line a square or rectangular tin.
2. Mix the butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix.
5. Add the milk and marmalade and fold in.
6. Mix in the cherries.
7. Turn the mixture into the tin and flatten down. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes and leave to cool.
8. Take out of the tin.
For the glaze
9. Melt the marmalade in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Use a pastry brush to brush liberally over the cake.