140g butter, at room temperature
50g golden caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
100g dried mango, roughly chopped
175g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
To decorate (optional)
200g icing sugar, sifted
3 tbsp mango juice
Mango crunch cookies
Cook: 12-15 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
1. Mix the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolk, vanilla, maple syrup.
3. Add the mango. Mix well.
4. Add the flour and briefly mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and shape into a ball.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll the cookie dough to the thickness of a £1 coin on a lightly floured surface, then cut out biscuit shapes with a 10cm cutter for large, or a 5cm cutter for smaller cookies.
6. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and cook for 12-15 mins or until lightly golden and firm. Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
7. If decorating, mix the icing sugar with the mango juice to make a runny icing. Drizzle or spoon the icing over the biscuits, then add the sprinkles if using, and leave to set. Will keep in a biscuit tin for up to 1 week.