175g softened butter
100ml Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon curd
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g self raising flour
175g golden caster sugar
85g fresh blueberries
140g icing sugar
Lemon curd & blueberry loaf
Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3
1. Grease a 1lb loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment. Put yoghurt, flour and eggs into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add lemon curd and softened butter and caster sugar.
3. Grate the lemon zest into the bowl.
4. Mix until the batter comes together
5. Scrape half of the mix into the greased loaf tin then add half the blueberries on top.
6. Scrape the rest of the batter into the tin on top of the blueberries then scatter the other half of the blueberries on top
7. Bake for 1hr 10mins - 1hr 15 mins until golden.
8. Cool in tin then carefully lift out onto a bowl.
9. Sift the icing sugar not a bowl and stir in enough lemon juice to make a thick, smooth icing. Spread over the top of the cake
Delicious served in slices with extra lemon curd, Greek yoghurt and blueberries!