175g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp thin-cut marmalade
2 tsp ground mixed spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
175g porridge oats
200g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp baking powder
175g dried fruits (We used sultanas, dried cranberries and glace cherries)
Cook: 25 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix the marmalade with 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
3. Stir into the creamed mixture, then add the spices,oats,flour and baking powder.
4. Mix in the fruit.
5. Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, spaced out as they will spread.
6. Bake for about 25 mins until golden brown.