125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
Any filling of your choice – chocolate chips, fudge chunks, raisins, raspberries…
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and salt, then the extra ingredients of your choice.
4. Roll into walnut size balls, for a more homemade look, or roll into a long, thick sausage shape and slice to make neater looking cookies.
5. Place on ungreased baking paper. Cook for 7-10 minutes until just golden round the edges.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack. These are great warm, and they also store well, if they don't all get eaten straight away!