200g butter, chopped
200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
zest 1 large orange
4 large eggs
350g caster sugar
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate orange, chopped
Chocolate orange brownies
Cook: 35-40 mins
Before you start:
Put on apron
Tie hair back
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
1. Cut the chocolate orange into small pieces.
2. Grate the zest of the orange.
3. Put the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every now and then, until smooth – take care not to overheat it.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
5. Gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. add the orange chocolate.
6. Sift over the flour and cocoa, stir in
7. Add the orange chocolate and mix in.
8. Pour into the lined tin.
9. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
10. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.